Corporate Training Project:Preface Coding X Hong Kong Baptist University
Case Study: Python Basics With Data Science Training Program with Hong Kong Baptist University
Hong Kong Baptist University School of Business has spotted that technological knowledge and coding are now essential skills for every student even when they are not studying technical streams. However, with their current course offering, there are almost no courses that can teach coding with the combination of both technical and business elements for students’ real life business usage in the future. Thus, they chose Preface Coding as their corporate partner to provide a tailored training program to their Business School students.
HKBU aims to find a training partner to:
1. Empower and introduce students to Python language, concepts around Data Science, usage of technology in business.
2. Provide hands-on Python basic coding experience to students
3. Explain fundamental programming jargon and concepts from Python, API, JSON, to Web Scraping and different Python Libraries.
4. Get students to understand the importance of tech learning for their upcoming career or learning paths.
Preface Coding tailored a special 2.5 hours online “Python Basics With Data Science Training Program” for Hong Kong Baptist University. As the training is for students with minimal coding knowledge, the training program is for beginner and it is divided mainly into 3 parts:
1. Introduction To Python Basics:
– To build up a foundation for students to learn around Python and Data Science, from essential concepts, the basic syntax to hands-on programming experience.
2. Introduction To Data Analysis & Visualisation:
– To introduce two key practical skills, “Web Scraping with API” and “Data Manipulation & Visualisation” to students.
3. Learn From Practical Business Applications:
– To deepen student’s knowledge of Data Manipulation and Data Analysis with real-world business application case study.
Facts and Figures:
of attendees joint our training program
is the average marks attendees gave to
our training program under the scale of 100
of attendees said they will recommend
this event to other students
“We have received a large number of positive responses from our students! From their evaluation feedback, all of them would like to recommend this training to their peers!“
– Hong Kong Baptist University